The client is a Fortune 500 company that provides engineering services and manufactures products for the industrial, commercial, and consumer markets. They specialize in Automation Solutions and Commercial & Residential Solutions, using modern technologies, industry-leading experience, and an insatiable curiosity to provide long-term solutions for their customers.
The client faced challenges in developing a user-friendly companion app that could:
- Connect with a universal ignition control that works for multiple systems, such as 24V IP and DSI.
- Connect with an electronic ignition control device through NFC, making installation and diagnostics faster and easier.
- Assist service technicians in saving time and effort by providing the right replacement control for the job.
To overcome these challenges, MeshBA developed a mobile application that creates an interface between the electronic ignition control and a mobile device. The app connects with the electronic ignition control device through Near Field Communication (NFC), enabling the creation of a universal ignition module that can be configured for both 24V intermittent pilot (IP) and direct spark ignition (DSI) systems. To establish an NFC connection between the mobile device and the control, the mobile device must be placed in contact with the NFC marking on the board.
The solution provided by MeshBA offers several benefits:
- No need for Wi-Fi or cell service, as it uses NFC technology to connect with electronic control devices.
- Quick and easy configuration before installation.
- Access to installation resources and product literature via quick links.
- Real-time access to the status of the system with just a tap of a finger.